The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 532 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/11/19
You give new insight to the analogy of physical blindness to spiritual blindness.

I think the question of whethe or not the other kids would still play and enjoy their lives should have a question mark at the end.

Great entry with some convicting questions at the end.
What a well written insightful piece you have presented. Joy, I am always mesmerized by you writing because I know your life story from your other writings and am amazed to see how God brought you out of darkness into light. You are a wonderful testimony of his grace and goodness.
04/11/19
Wow, what a testimony! I would love to hear how you eventually came out of that belief system. Thanks for sharing.
Oh what a delightful take on the topic. The ending with the verse selected was perfect. The beginning broke my heart and I think of so many growing up with that idea in their heads makes me sad. I'm delighted that now you can see. Thanks for sharing.
04/12/19
Wow! Powerful! Intense! Touching! And completely amazing entry.

Thank you!

God bless~
04/13/19
I like how you tied in spiritual blindness and physical blindness. I'm so glad you were able to see things clearly on both fronts over time. I would have liked to have read a little more about how God led you to seeing things differently. On topic, and you gave us something to think about.
This begs for more! I was captivated by it and wonder if you've written your memoirs somewhere so we can get the whole picture. A masterpiece for sure.
This is a wonderful devotional, definitely worthy of publication. I'm sure there are many of us who were exposed to judgmental thinking in our childhood.
04/18/19
What a blessing that light gives to our physical eyes and our spiritual eyes in being able to see truth.

I grieve for those blinded with wrong training when young and so vulnerable.

Thank you for this accurate analogy.

Would love to hear more of your story.
Congratulations on ranking 14 overall. Happy Dance!