The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 370 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Interesting story.
This was a fascinating story. We think of deaf people as needing interpreters, not hearing people. I hadn’t thought of that before. My only other feedback is that you could reduce some words, even though the whole thing is quite short. For example, you say ‘a quick eye-survey of the small church revealed that there were about twenty people ...’ As you’re writing in first-person, you could just say ‘there were about twenty people’. But I thought the piece was inspiring. It’s great that you’ve been able to volunteer there. Well done.
05/11/18
What an interesting take on topic! I could picture the church in motion - in silence. :)
05/11/18
This was a great introspective piece, gives the reader pause to reflect and think. I loved this message...and story.

I love how that there is "no barriers" in worshiping the LORD. All have "ears" and "eyes" to hear and see spiritually.

I love this.
Thanks for sharing,

Blessings~
05/11/18
Nice story. Bet you have learned a lot of sign language by now. May I suggest you expound more on why you decided to volunteer at the church. What were you feeling? What did you do as a volunteer? How is their worship different from hearing people. Blessings, LaVonne
05/14/18
I liked this very much, especially the interpreter being noisy. Nice take on the topic! Only thing that could have made it stronger for me was to describe what you saw, felt, heard (a little more) around you: just more description period. Well done!
This is a unique story.
It shows you being a blessing.
05/14/18
Very informative and moving. Thank you!