The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 467 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/14/16
I believe God is calling me to trust him with my tithe this year, also. Even though I live paycheck to paycheck, I need to depend on God's goodness in all things.
01/15/16
I'm looking forward to hearing how God blesses your obedience. This is truly inspiring.
I have one suggestion: The sentence, "Still struggling, the Holy Spirit reminded me that even if I were to lose everything I have, God would provide for me as he always has." It sounds like the Holy spirit is struggling. You may want to rewrite it.
Great job!
01/19/16
Thank you for challenging us all to give more and trust God with our uncertain wages. I also have an adult daughter living with my husband and I, and she shares in the upkeep of our home. (who was out of work for a year!) God has blessed us so much in her generosity. Great job!
01/19/16
Beautiful!

God bless~
This is a great devotion. I totally understand where you're coming from. I struggle with the same thing, yet God always provides, even when I'm not consistent about tithing.

I thought your beginning was a bit awkward. I like that you started with a real life experience, but in my opinion, perhaps some more descriptions about your actions and reactions would have pulled me in more. For example: As I thought about what I should do this year, I bowed my head and sought God's guidance. When I heard his answer, my body started protesting. My heart rate increased, I shook my head and tried to protest. "God, I'm hardly making it now and you want me to tithe a full ten percent of my income?"

Of course that's just an example with my words to show you what I mean.

You do a great job with the Bible verses. It really made me stop and think. It wasn't the traditional verses one often sees when discussing tithing g either, so that made your devotion stand out. Nicely done.