The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 420 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/03/15
A very well written story...and on completely nailed the topic.

God bless~
09/03/15
Interesting story of family, redemption, and conversion. Nicely done.
09/03/15
Your story was well written and I liked your take on the topic.
09/04/15
Clever rendering of the topic with a satisfying conclusion. Some additional line spacing would have aided the flow of the dialogue.
09/05/15
On topic for sure, as well as uplifting and encouraging.
I like your take on the topic. You did a nice job of building the suspense. Having a uncommon name myself... I could relate. :)

The dialog felt a bit unnatural to me. It was a bit too stiff and formal. Another thing that might help would be to add body language. For example: Robert furrowed his eyebrows and tapped his fingers on the counter. "No, I haven't checked in yet. Our p, and just landed a couple of hours ago." He glanced to his wife who shook her head.
The clerk cleared his throat. "Hm, well, Sir, you seem to be all set. Someone must have made a clerical error. Here's your key." The clerk bent over and ruffled some papers under the desk. "It seems like someone misplaced your second key card. I can get you another one if you'd care to wait."
By using contractions and some body language, it helps with the flow and hopefully allows the reader to create a mental picture.

You definitely nailed the topic in a fresh and interesting way. I could feel the tension once they arrived in the room. I love your message. It's not a easy one for sure, but you handled it expertly. The message is clear and a powerful one. I enjoyed your ending too. It left me with a warm feeling. I really enjoyed this story. You did a great job.
09/08/15
Thanks for your comment, I was exactly up to the word count so kept the first part of the story brief. Have taken note though on the story for future reference where the word count is not limited