The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1143 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/20/11
Excellent writing and very good thinking. It's sad that so many people never wonder about eternity, believing that this life is all there is. We need to hear more preaching on the subject. For everyone in FW who reads this, I'd like to recommend a book: "Heaven Is For Real" by Todd Burpo. Colton really has been to Heaven and back.
03/20/11
Very clever dialogue that personifies the views and questions that hang off this topic. Your characters are well-drawn, credible people.
And true to topic, we're left to imagine what the end will be.
It is a hard thing to wrap our minds around. I think we get caught up with many Christian ideas because we aren't able to wrap our little human mind around God's wonderful concept. You did a wonderful job with the characters and the dialog.
03/22/11
I like your discussion here. The story felt a bit didactic, and I guess I would have liked more conflict or character development, but you treated the topic well. Good work.
03/22/11
I like this. It gets the point across and is almost like a devotional, but it's in story form. It works very well for the topic too, I think. :)
Enjoyed the discussion and your treatment of "Eternity." Also, Delores, I saw Colton this morning on TV talking about Jesus and heaven.
Good job on drawing a picture; the details of the physical actions were well done. Nice piece of fiction :-) (and I've missed reading your work, too!)
Congratulations for placing 10th in level three!