The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1233 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/21/11
The humor in your opening sentence was great! :) I enjoyed watching Beka grow up… her college years hit pretty close to home.. I love the poignant nature of this… and of course the "hot chocolate" that carries through all the seasons. :)
01/21/11
I enjoyed the dialogue between father and daughter and it made for a fun journey through the daughter's seasons of life.
01/22/11
Ahhh... sigh...Beka's all grown up. I liked the hot chocolate theme.
01/22/11
Excellent, excellent, excellent! I love how you tied the smiles to the seasons of their lives. Love it!
01/22/11
It is amazing how fast kids grow up. I love how we got to follow along with the girl's growth. Very nice! I had trouble following along with who was talking at times. I know you were battling with word count. Love this story - oh, just realized your title was the 4 different scenes of her life. Awesome:)
So clever you are. If I had a blue ribbon for cleverness and the ability to use it so effectively, I'd give it to you. Four smiles; four seasons. I enjoy talent. Great entry.
01/23/11
So nice to read. I like it a bunch. Good writing.
What a beautiful story of Daddy and his little girl and how she grew up into a beautiful adult ready to take on the world.
01/24/11
What a great use of the topic! A beautiful story of the love of a father for his daughter, with poignancy underlying it for all the times he probably missed while she was growing up. Well done.
This is a great story for through the seasons. I love the relationship of father and daughter and was glad it didn't change. I really enjoyed the whole piece!
Congratulations for placing 12th in level 3!