The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1091 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
So sad in such a poetic way. Sometimes technology does just the opposite of what we might wish for.
Ha! I really got into the skin of this character, and can relate so well - very true to life. Amazon books dept. and I are good friends! Creative take on the topic, for sure.
06/16/10
I can't tell whether it's sad to shop on line or whether it's good cause it's so convenient. I think your poem captures the dilemma.
I'm unusual in the fact that real books don't hold much interest for me *gasp* so I don't find the whole concept sad. To go into a bookstore is such sensory overload, it never was much fun (libraries as well). Too many books-so little time. And now I'm a Kindle person so I've stepped up to a new level. That being said, I really liked this poem. It relayed great emotion and drew the reader in (even for a person that couldn't really relate). That, to me, means it was WELL done. Really enjoyed- great job.
Very clever, creative take on the topic. I loved it.
I admit, I too, often buy books online. I fear the bookstores may fade away. You did a great job in making me want to visit my local book store, or at the very least drop in on the library.
06/17/10
I love the concept of this poem. I have been in a lot of bookstores recently, and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I had some trouble with the rhythm of this, but I'm no poem expert, so I'll leave that for those who are. Realy great lines in here.
Living in the computer age has made things very efficient, but also greatly depersonalized how we do things. Thank you for describing it very through the use of poetry.