The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1186 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/07/10
That is marvellous!!! Very clever.Lots of tension, lots of fun. I think it is going to do well.
02/07/10
Not bad and you definitely got the grrr! in.
Great twist, a pesky brother was the last thing I expected as a monster.
02/08/10
A perfect title. I admire poets, and you're really good.
02/09/10
I so enjoyed reading this poem. Your rythm has a fun, light feel and yet your word choice still creates tension - a great combination! Congrats on an excellent submission.
very good poetry rythem that kept the story moving with ease.
02/09/10
Perfect in so many ways. I love reading poetry, but so often it isn't all that interesting. This is such a well-told story in poetic splendor.
Hope to see it as a winner.

Mona
02/09/10
A fun poem with a great ending! Good job.
Simply captivating in its simplicity, Well, well done. Bravo!
The flow was great, making it the sort of poem you can read aloud with ease. I could see the trees and feel her panic as she runs. Something tells me her brother is indeed going to be very sorry.
Well done, I love this.
02/09/10
Very visual and scary! Loved the twist at the end.
What a fun poem! Terrific use of "grrr". I had a similar experience with my brother while in my teens, and have never let him forget it!
Congratulations on your 1st Place win in Advanced and 3rd in Editor's Choice!! Well-deserved!! Yay!
02/11/10
Wow . . . my, what ride . . . my childhood fears, front and centre again, . . . and then that super sweet twist, at the end . . . grrrr . . . I wish for more!

Congratulations, Jackie, on your first place win; thank you for such an enjoyable read.

Bryan.
02/11/10
No question that this one belongs at top! Congrats!

Mona
Congrats on your first place win!
02/12/10
Congratulations on your EC!! This is great fun to read!
02/12/10
Impressive and certainly deserving of your placement!

Have you checked out the Challenge Forums?
02/13/10
This poem has all the right elements to keep the reader reading with interest. Congratulations on both wins/placements. Loved the surprise ending.
Fun poem! Congratulations on your EC!
02/23/10
Very nicely done. I can easily tell how this poem did so well in both level and editor's choice. Congrats.
Thyanks by te way for your kind words about my "Phew!" entry.