The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1711 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Your poetic language was lovely. It gave me wonderful pictures to ponder. Thanks.
I enjoyed everything about this story. Great job.
07/10/09
Good writing skill.
07/11/09
This held my attention, gave me a sense of continuing life and family. Good descriptive writing.
07/11/09
Liked the tradition of each generation's planting of an oak and the sharing of their lives together as they acquired their November souls.
My favorite line: "in the lazy of the day or in the prowl of the night." Poetic & picturesque. Lovely piece.
07/13/09
Yes, great descriptions with this piece. I love your development of the verse from Psalm 1. Great writing!
Remember the ice-breaker in social events: "If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you want to be?" Whenever I look at another oak tree, I'll remember your piece. A great Challenge entry!
I'll be looking for this one at the top of the list. You have a masterful way with words. The voice is unique and full of character. The topic is subtle, but undeniably spot on. Well done!
I was going to mention several of my favorite lines, but there are too many. Beautiful!
07/13/09
The message of listening deep, listening long and listening slow is something we all need to do.
07/13/09
Jim, I would come to the FW Challenge just to read your entry if I never had the time to get to others. Watms my soul and stays with me. Just very special.
Mona
07/13/09
This is a lovely story, so poetic and evocative. Very well done!
Very beautiful and thought-provoking. You painted a lovely picture; I will look forward to your entries.
07/13/09
Poetic and lovely. Very stong writing. Wonderfully powerful.Loved it!
Powerful writing...awesome entry...well done
07/14/09
Wow! Look at all these golden boxes! This is the kind of entry we've all grown accustomed to reading from you, Jim. Your story so sparkles of a slower, more consummate time in life. It warms us to the core and makes us wish we'd all been your neighbors growing up. Great job.
Excellent writing. Wow!
10/02/09
Jim, I'm going to feature this piece on the Front Page Showcase for the week of October 5th. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page...and congratulations1
I loved this the first time I read it and enjoyed it even more the second. Your poetic writing is beautiful with a thoughtful message. Congratulations on being featured this week. Well deserved!
10/11/09
Wonderful from start to finish! Congrats on being showcased!