The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1824 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A very touching and moving story. The story left me with a feeling of hope.
03/13/09
What a story! You captured the essence of what it is like to like there. And that Jesus can send people to bring hope. Thanks so much. Great job!
03/13/09
What it is like to live there. Oooops.
03/13/09
Praise the Lord for those who really care for children.
03/14/09
What a lovely story. You have not exaggerated the 'dump'! Much as we would rather ignore it, people really do live like that. It is lovely that this child got a second chance. Would to God there were an army of such people willing to rescue them.
03/14/09
I really enjoyed the story and the writing. You told a very descriptive and compelling story without all the fat, (no unnecesary words to bring the reader in)I hope you win this week!
Thank God for those who really are the hands and feet - and heart - of Jesus. Well told story of hope amid the desperation so many children (and adults) are facing.
03/17/09
This was beautiful and touching. What a remarkable piece of writing...excellent.
Powerful story. Well done.
03/17/09
This brought tears to my eyes. The love shone through this man and woman touched my heart, as did the changed lives of those children. Talk about divine encounters, eh? Loved this.
03/17/09
Wow! What a powerful story you have written. You use a lot of description that puts the reader in the midst of the refuse and then you use action to lift them back up again. Well done!
03/18/09
I like the title, and the turn that this story took at about the halfway point.
03/19/09
I was expecting a bleak ending, and I'm so glad the little boy was rescued from this terrible situation. Very descriptive and heartfelt--Congratulations!
03/19/09
Way to go, Connie!!! Congratulations.
03/19/09
Congratulations, Connie! This is a well-deserved win. As I read all your other comments, I realized I did not leave one on my first read...but I've been pondering your story all week. Kudos to you!
03/19/09
Excellent. It was almost as if I could hear this young man speaking to me, your writing was so vivid. Very, very well done.
03/19/09
You made this boy's Africa come alive for me.
Thank God for the "angels" in our lives that rescue us because they choose to listen to God's voice. Wonderfully written and I'm glad that this child's life had a happy ending.