The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1553 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/13/09
You had me wondering about her mission throughout the piece, and then you put a twist at the end. Enjoyed this a lot.
02/16/09
Oh man. I don't think I would risk my life to deliver Avon! How funny. I thought it was going to be some noble thing. :)
02/16/09
I love this story! One of the best twists ever.
02/17/09
Now that is a committed Avon Lady, or an Avon lady that should be committed, I'm not sure. Great ending....I loved all of the obstacles and the way God protected her in each one. Very creative.
I thought the last line was a punchline until I saw the author's note. What a commute! I'd definitely find a different job. ;)
02/21/09
I love it! I'm sorry you didn't place, but your story was absolutely priceless! Thank you for taking the time to share it. :)
Great descriptions, suspense, humor, and a surprise ending...this had to miss placing by a tiny fraction. Not placing doesn't take away from the fact that it's well written. Please try to submit this for publication elsewhere, especially to any Spanish-American venues, and of course, to Avon!
02/21/09
This was so funny! I loved it! What a great twist...
02/22/09
Wonderfully creative and fun!
Good for you.