The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1887 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Beautiful! I especially like the phrase, "footsteps in my soul"....thank God for those special ones that make that kind of impact on our lives. God bless you!
07/26/05
If this is autobiographical it is a difficult story told well. I particularly like the way that you/your character's salvation is understood to have happened on the initial journey. Something about the mother's fate would have been satisfying - but I'm insatiably curious when it comes to a story. Little typo: 'come to on'.
07/26/05
This was a hard story to tell if true. I agree I would like to have known if the mother was okay. When grandparents can invest in a child's life it is a wonderful thing.
This is a precious story of bonded relationships. It touched me deeply.
07/27/05
I loved how the grandparents reach out to her, helping to lift her over the tough circumstances with God's help. Wonderful story, very enriching and heartfelt. God bless ya, littlelight
An exquisitely beautiful bittersweet story!
WOW!-God's grace has allowed you to tell a horrific event in a way that glorifies HIM, honors your grandparents and shows the inherent strength and resiliency that God has ingrained in each of us- the GOD-GIVEN human spirit! THANKS
07/30/05
Very touching. "You're the best investment" wow
07/30/05
What an investment your grandparents made in you. You've told this story so lovingly and with such heartfelt praise for them that we know that God used them to heal you.
08/03/05
Dixie, I'm just popping in very quickly to let you know that "Destiny's Car Trip" was in the semi-finals for the Car Trip challenge. It was such a moving story! Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)