The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1447 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
It took me a a couple stanzas before I was quite following, but then I caught on and enjoyed the read. Oh, how easy it is to worry about what others are thinking of us.
06/14/08
Wow! This is excellent from the title to the end. Great words, rhyme, meter, and pictures. I love it!
06/15/08
Fun read, with a great message. Well done. Thank you. Loved your humor.
06/15/08
Perfect for the topic, smooth flow, and complex rhyming. Masterfully written.
06/20/08
The title caught my attention. I thought: "Aha! A natural poet." Congratulations on such highly polished poetry. It appears to flow so effortlessly from your pen/keyboard, but I bet it took a bit of work to get it as good as this, sticking to the disciplines of consistent meter and rhyme. The underlying agonies of creating a good impression for our relatives, we can all relate to and complain about in our writing. Expressing it so skillfully and humorously in verse makes it a masterpiece.
I also have a preference for traditional styles myself, but I can appreciate others -- as long as it's consistent. You certainly showed that, although I might have avoided the slanting rhyme on the last line.
Sorry this is a bit wordy. I felt it was worth more than just a "Bravo!"