The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 943 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/17/08
What a creative setup for the story. Oh, I laughed out loud for a good while over staying awake singing Patsy Cline songs. I guess SINGING them is what would keep her awake! :) I enjoyed every minute of this and liked your hanging ending, too.
This is like a first chapter of a novel here! I'm already all into the story and it had to end! Oh well. ^_^ Great job of capturing this reader into a world with a down-to-earth MC and an engaging storyline. This is one of my favorites for this week!
The first and last paragraphs are super and the rest of the story did not disappoint. Plus, you masterfully worked the topic in twice. I enjoyed the surprise of a lady trucker, wasn't expecting it. Excellent descriptive writing!
01/22/08
Great title, superb characterization.

A few of the longer speeches rang not quite true, but all in all, I loved this story and your spunky narrator.
01/24/08
Your descriptions put a vivid picture in my mind of the character and her truck. Love the promise of a nice long story...you should write more about this plucky and brave lady. Think of all the people she could come across and tell about!
01/26/08
Good descriptions, especially in the beginning. The dialog seemed a bit short - wish you'd had more words to develop it. A good read.