The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1666 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/24/07
Love all the personalities here -- and the different perspectives of the same events. Good stuff.
11/25/07
Your perspective is extremely creative but real at the same time. This was a great piece. It is amazing to think about all the things that people critique on any given Sunday...sad, really.
11/26/07
Very good! I actually considered taking a very similar approach--great minds...

This was a little bit tart and a little bit sweet, just like the best meal.
11/28/07
What it would sound like if we could know each other's thoughts during worship....yikes. ;-) Creative approach with all the different voices and I love the "hallelujah wails"
Nice entry. I enjoyed hearing all the different thoughts...and then getting the pastor's perspective. Very creative, real and honest. Great job!
11/28/07
Great work on this! I loved this line, "I love a baby’s ‘hallelujah wail." Very creative!
11/28/07
Your descriptions of the congregation and the pastor show a colorful variety of people involved in their service. Much more interesting than the one-dimensional "seeker sensitive" church I'm experiencing right now! Realistic and honest writing.
Very creative! And you had a lot of wonderful lines in this entry. One of my favorites: "You can’t stop gossip if you chase it down and hog-tie it. It gets away and the stories get juicier."
11/28/07
Luara, Congrats friend on an outstanding piece! Great pace and reader interest. God bless.
I like the different perspectives from the pulpit. This is clever and well done.
Liked the style and all the thoughts whirling around.
11/28/07
I love that you present unique individuals together within a church community. Loved it.
The personalities in this piece really shines through! There's so much to be learned from each point of view, great job!
11/28/07
Interesting perspectives...s. You never know how different people perceive the same thing.
I love your creativity in this piece. You gave the reader such a variety of perspectives on the same service. Well Done!
You did a great job with this topic. I loved the originality in the writing.
11/28/07
I loved hearing all the perspectives--right down to the funny face during the solo. Great details!!
Once I caught on, I found this to be a fantastic and brilliant approach to the subject. I could even identify with a couple of the "thoughts" drifting out there in the sanctuary.
11/29/07
Interesting approach to the topic. I enjoyed reading this -- seeing the same picture through different eyes. Nice job.
12/03/07
This was really cool -- I loved the different perspectives -- the varying perspectives were realistic, and I liked this piece very much.