The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1051 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Beautiful memory piece. Wonderful message.
The descriptions are so vivid you take your reader along on the ride. Excellent writing.
09/22/07
Just a little slice of a couple's life, but so full of the many treasures they shared in their years together. You created a real couple for me in this entry. I almost started squinching my eyes shut against the mist while I read about searching through the rain for the calves! That's excellent, descriptive writing.
Really scrumptious writing! Is that you LL?
09/25/07
This is really good. Excellent writing. Wonderful story. Great message. Nice job.
Lovely telling of a slice of God's handiwork. That it was set during the depression added even more meaning to your expertly crafted entry.
Your writing flows - I like the journal entry format, the recording in the latter of the comfort found from reading the former. His inspiration from the crane and his steadfast faith gave me chills. Awesome.
09/26/07
Absolutely beautiful descriptions - you put me right in the middle of the scene. The second journal entry made me smile, and gave me God-bumps. Wonderful.