The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1626 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/31/07
This is very good -- and very well written. You made me feel so sad for Sadie. You also made me see a bit of myself in her. Too many people go through life afraid of everything -- afraid to live. Nice job with the topic.
08/31/07
Only a very good writer would be able to blend OCD with Jane Austen, and to pull it off perfectly. Hats off to you.
Oh boy. Parts of me identify with poor Sadie...The Lord once whispered to me: "Perfect fear casts out love!" If anything will rob us of life and destiny, it's fear--and you captured it superbly with your skillful portrayal!
09/02/07
Wow! Talk about an eccentric type lady! Didn't know these kind of people existed - but loved the story, kept me interested througout. Great imagery and creative thinking. Nicely done...I enjoyed it.
09/02/07
I absolutely love this. You held my attention.

You did an excellent job.
09/03/07
Poor Miss Sadie! She's missing out on so much in life just because she thinks things will always turn out badly. Unfortunately, I'm guilty of predicting my own failure too many times, also. You made your point with the characters and plot. Good writing!
09/03/07
So very well written. A strong sense of leading the reader along. The character descriptions were outstanding.
I love your character study, crafted so cleverly. Her "company" for Friday night was humorous and delightful. I believe you did leave just a tiny ray of hope for her in your conclusion.
I love this journey inside Sadie's head. Your point is made so well in her careful calculations and fear of any kind of risk. The story is sad, but your writing is so very effective.
09/03/07
This is absolutely excellent. Your tone, your characterization, your descriptions - EVERYTHING. Perfect ending too. Superb writing.
Cute story. Very well written. There needs to be more, more, more! Miss Sadie Grey needs to find her love.
09/04/07
This Definately was NOT autobiographicaly!! LOL. I loved it. Your descriptions were so good I felt messing up her bed, jiggling her spoon measuring her cream and telling her to go out with Mr. Darcy, among other things. :-) Great job!
09/04/07
How sad! I want Sadie to have a life! lol. Expertly written - totally held my interest. Wonderful voice - you brought me into your character's head effortlessly.
A couple technical things. I would probably italicize the thoughts instead of use quotes. And near the top, her notebook should be "open" not "opened." Just minor details...loved the entry. Like others mentioned, I agree you should consider a book about Miss Sadie Grey.
08/23/10
Tammy, I'm going to feature this bittersweet story in the Front Page showcase for the week of September 6. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page--and congratulations!