The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1001 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/31/07
Yikes! One of the scariest stories I've read so far! Really good job.
09/03/07
Right on target Topic-Wise. Fearful indeed! Great sleuths, even the "dumb like a fox) Lt. Columbo, had to begin somewhere and have a First Time. Exciting and entertaining read. Thanks!
09/03/07
Scary and real for many police departments. What a scourge drugs have been for our society. Good story and characterizations! I just had to know what happened next!
09/05/07
From your title I was expecting to read a story about the fear of height. While I occasionally have to climb I'm always nervous doing so, but climbing four flights of stairs to face unknown danger isn't something I have to do or something I choose to do. In my job I work with both police and firefighters and I appreciate what both do to keep my life secure. Your story is both well written and a great reminder to those of us that live secure lives because of your bravery. Incidentally my oldest son is a police officer and a member of the National Guard. Good job.
09/06/07
Oh that dreaded word limit. I was dying to find out what happened between "nightmare" and the next paragraph when all the excitment and fear was over — at least for that moment. Very good.
09/07/07
Congratulations, Linda. Your entry has placed 15th in Level 3 and 33rd overall. The Lists for the Top 15 in each Level and the Top 40 overall is available in the Weekly Results and Highest Rankings forum of our Faithwriters Message Boards.
10/18/07
I liked the blend of the narrator's fear overcoming her zeal to help her community. Very tense! Good descriptions throughout. :)