The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 982 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/02/07
This was a powerful story.. I was so happy for Dawn that she found ya'll and that her formative years were spent with a family that loved her. Great ending with prayer because nothing is more powerful!

GOOD WORK! Made me tear up and smile... all at one time..
08/02/07
Dawn had many spiritual seeds planted in this loving home during her childhood, and God will bring into her life those who will water, weed, and cultivate them!

I loved the way you wove the Scriptures into this poignant piece, and I praise God we can all be "forever hopeful" where our wayward loved ones are concerned!

Excellent writing! :)
08/03/07
What can I say? You portrayed your broken hearts well. Prayerfully one day she will return to the roots you gave her and soar on the wings of salvation.
08/05/07
My heart wanted a guaranteed happy ending but my head knows this is a sad topic, and you wrote this just how it had to be. Amazing.
This very touching story is told exceptionally well. The reader grieves with the aunt and uncle.
08/08/07
As a reader, I was able to connect with your main characters and sympathize with them. A well written entry with a touching message.