The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1019 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Well written. I like the fact that this is a personal experience, judging by the words at the end. I also like how the coach used the scripture verses. Very good!
02/26/07
This was a delightful piece that was well written. It had action and was very much on topic. You put me right in the action...so I'm soaking my knee right now... No, seriously, I really enjoyed learning of those verses that were able to stretch you during challenging times...and who couldn't love a happy ending! Congratulations on your win...on the court...and on the computer.
02/26/07
It was very effective to show us your thoughts as you took those shots--this is an excellent first-person piece.
It's always refreshing to read a story of personal struggle from the POV of a not so natural athlete. Few of us are starter material, and most who are have had to work to get there. Your story is inspiring.
02/26/07
You definitely put us right in the middle of the action, and drew us right into your struggle. The use of the verses was excellent. Great stuff.
I always get in late and the only thing left to say is "all of the above!" Enjoyed reading this and the scripture references were great. We all need to tack scriptures to something we see often, just as a reminder.