The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1328 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/02/06
Wow. This is great. I could picture everything perfectly, and you did a great job with the dialogue. I believe you are missing a word in the 8th paragraph from the bottom. It should read "Son of God," I believe. Other than that very minor error, this story is perfect in every way. Keep up the good work.
11/04/06
A beautifully told story, and with the exception of a couple of missing words...I'd say a very well spun story, and written well. An enjoyable and endearing read.
11/05/06
Love the title--it perfectly fits with this charming rural story.
11/06/06
What a sweet story. Wonderful description, smooth dialogue and vivid imagery. Nicely done.
11/06/06
Just lovely! I love your description, especially in the first paragraph.
This is a very good, easy read. I love the "homey-ness" of it.
Your descriptions are wonderful. Nice job.
Very good dialouge, I like the 'accents' and Tibby sounds like a wonderful grandmother. Great job!
11/07/06
Sweet story, characters and the way the interacted, very believable and a good sense of place. yeggy
11/09/06
This was so cute. Loved your title. One little thing I noticed - when Tibby was telling the story, she picked up the needle to work again - when she finished the story the grandbaby crawled off her lap. ;) I liked how you showed what the children were doing before the story without actually saying it.
11/09/06
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Way to go Ruth! 5th in Advanced and 9th in EC! Woohoo! Now, what did I tell you about the story you least expected to win being the one that everyone else likes? ;)
03/30/07
What a great teacher! Good way to use topic. Enjoyed the dialogue.