The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1734 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/02/06
Oh, there is so much I want to know! And yet you told us enough to get us thinking ... and remembering that there is that great cloud of witnesses...... The dinner table scenario was very realistic - I was there. Well done.
06/02/06
I felt this deeply. Each time I read it, there was more to savor. Your characters sense of purpose was well written and inspiring. You are forever the teacher and I the student. Bless you!
06/02/06
Very realistic...especially the converstaion and how you described her emotions.
06/02/06
Good story. Right on theme. But I was a little confused by this sentence..."Joanne gripped her Bible as smiling faces appeared one after another on the screen at the front of the room; waiting to be confronted with her Aunty Kath’s."
Maybe that sentence needs to be redone.
All in all. Great job!
Wonderful story. I agree with David about the one confusing sentence, but otherwise well done.
06/05/06
I love the image of the "cloud of witnesses" as a cheer squad. A really intriguing story that hints at two or three other stories--maybe yet-to-be-told? The only thing I wasn't quite sure of was "calligraphy" as a verb--but you could easily be right there. I like this protagonist--a lot!
Val,

what a creative job! the spin on the daughter following in her auntie's footsteps. You did a great job of leading the readers to understanding, instead of telling them outright. The story was beautiful, touching, inspiring and very well written. Great work!
06/05/06
I was prepared to read about bubbling, giddy cheerleaders! You fooled me. Tee hee. I like your storyline and characters very much and the importance of following through when we know our purpose. Well written. I also thought your main character's name is terrific! LOL Blessings, Jo
What an inspiring message. Well written. I could see the characters as each played out his or her role. Good job.