Previous Challenge Entry (Level 3 - Advanced)
Topic: BROKEN (12/06/18)
- TITLE: Fruit of the Spirit
By Jeanie Hannah
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
SEND A PRIVATE COMMENT
ADD TO MY FAVORITES
If you think about it, the most beautiful things come from brokenness. The seed has to break open to allow the sprout to come through. The earth has to break open again to allow the plant to grow above the surface. The bud of the plant must burst open to allow the fruit to grow. The fruit must then be ripped from the stalk of the plant to for harvest. Everything that grows in nature continually breaks then change to allow it’s self to transform into a fruitful beautiful, useful material.
We are no different than seeds. We are but broken vessels, continually breaking and changing in order to flourish and produce good fruit. Each level of understanding, each trial, each storm, breaks us, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot; but if we will release and discard the brokenness, God will allow us to mature into beautiful fruit for His glory!
Psalm 50:10-17 (KJV)
10. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
13. Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
14. Deliver me from bloodguiltiness O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
15. O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
16. For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and contrite heart, Oh god, thou wilt not despise.
The opinions expressed by authors may not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Accept Jesus as Your Lord and Savior Right Now - CLICK HERE
JOIN US at FaithWriters for Free. Grow as a Writer and Spread the Gospel.