The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 461 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You've done a good job at telling a difficult story. The Lord being enough is a TRUE story - told by many who have experienced the reality. Each telling is unique because the relationship is so personal. Thank you for another telling of an ageless story.
07/14/18
Excellent telling of this life and the hardships. You captured well the sweet beginning, heartbreaking middle, and hopeful ending.
07/17/18
Well written story. I would have never guessed the ending of their relationship, so sad. Keep writing1
07/19/18
Thank you for sharing a
very difficult story. Very pleasing to know you have found
the source of permanent and
true Good News.
07/20/18
Congratulations Kate! Excellent telling of a difficult story. Well done!
07/20/18
Congratulations Kate! Excellent telling of a difficult story. Well done!
07/22/18
Congratulations on finishing 2nd place, Kate.

I loved your honesty and ability to share such an emotionally charged life experience with us. I wonder if your husband even knew you had dreams outside his own or he just thought you would be happy if he was happy. It doesn't sound like you had any children together which was probably a blessing in disguise. You are a gifted writer and I look forward to reading more.

Questions:

Are dreams loud?orlarge?

Are both the father and son named David? It was confusing in the beginning: I couldn't tell who was who.
Hi Bonnie,

I can see your confusion about the name, I didn’t want to give his name and should have made it clearer.

Yes dreams can be loud, and others can be drowned out. Dreams can yell at you when you lay in bed at night and whisper hope when you feel all is lost.

Dreams come big and small. Even the simple dream to be loved by your husband and have a close family is a valid dream.

He knew mine at the time but of course dreams grow and change over time, he doesn’t know me now.
He trampled my soul in every way a man can and certainly more than this rushed article voices. Even the end winds up too quickly, not really giving God the full credit of all the special things He did in my life to restore me.

The full story will come later! Happy to message you further if you like xx