The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 434 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Powerful story!
03/01/17
Intriguing and brutally honest story. I want to know how it ended! What happened to the man?
03/01/17
I live in Hawaii and homelessness is a major issue with many people. Your writing is dear to my heart. I run across a lot of people that want to sweep them under the rug. Good thoughts. I'm not sure if the topic was really intertwined. I saw so many topics. I read it over and over, and I was thinking that love and compassion basic, but the beginning and the end. You had a good hook to my thinking. It caught my attention. Good ending, but predictable. Hope a lot of readers take your story to heart. One more helpful hint if you don't mind. Tighten up some of those sentences. Enjoyed. God bless.
03/01/17
oops, I forgot the "not" in love and compassion "not" basic. Sorry.
03/02/17
Honest & forthright-touched my heart. I wanted to keep reading & find out what happened to the man...and that's a very good thing. Can't wait to read more from you.
Great message.
Wow this is a powerful piece. I have tears in my eyes. You did a wonderful job of creating the conflict and building suspense. I'd have loved to see dialog with neighbors and police, but understand word count limits you. Remember Bible in Bible study should be capped as it is a proper noun. I think you nailed the topic in a fresh way and the message was powerful. Congratulations on ranking 1st in your level and 12 overall. Happy Dance!