The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 303 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a nice little essay. You use the words of many wise men to make your point. You definitely nailed the topic and it felt like you had fun and a true purpose while writing this.

I'd urge you to not use too many exclamation points. Instead let your wonderful word choice do the exclaiming for you. Even though you were making your point about the other meaning of the word chill, I think you might be surprised if you go back and count how many times you use it. You don't need to use the word repeatedly or even once to be on topic, so don't be afraid to mix it up some.

Your message is clear and is a good one. We do live in a world of instant gratification, yet God clearly wants us to slow down and enjoy this world he created and to share his word with others.
11/06/16
Nice intro to go into the topic and show that the word has more meanings than we always think of.

Augustine paragraph has a too that should be to (I believe). Also missing a period in that paragraph.

Misspelling in last paragraph.

The whole idea does make one think about our busy lives. Good job!
11/08/16
What wonderful words of wisdom. I loved the quotes you used to further make a very clear point. You wrapped it all up very well.