Previous Challenge Entry (Level 3 - Advanced)
Topic: FERHOODLE (confuse or mix-up) (03/03/16)
- TITLE: The Maze and the Plan
By Sharon Eastman
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
SEND A PRIVATE COMMENT
ADD TO MY FAVORITES
Surprise! I turned 64, and this year I’ll reach the milestone of age 65, the senior citizen eligibility line. For some silly notion as a youth I thought being elderly would be free sailing: no career stress, no financial stress, and no child rearing stress. I was as obtuse as an obtuse triangle. To my grief I learned life always has complications, confusion and stress. If we seek God, he will guide and direct us through all the mazes of life. “But thanks be to God, which gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (I Cor. 15:54 KJV)
At age 65 most seniors are eligible for Medicare, a government program that covers 80% of medical expenses. We are very fortunate to have this benefit, but obtaining enlistment is a mile long maze. One must file for this program through the Social Security office which means standing in line or going on-line. This medical benefit is available through different plans according to certain prices and customer affordability. I chose Plan N, a middle of the road plan, and I still don’t understand all that entails. I know I receive 80% of hospital coverage. The remaining 20% amount will be covered by my Medicare supplement insurance company.
Now this was the most confusing (and boring) maze to me. So many pamphlets, brochures and letters were sent to me that I could build a campfire with them. Not only did I receive literature, I received many, of course, interrupting phone calls about this matter.
Finally I chose an insurance company whose plan was suitable to our income. Yet my problem of choosing medical coverage hasn’t ended. I must go to another government agency to see if I can obtain prescription drug coverage according to our income. I’ll be happy when all this red tape has been sealed.
Unlike social security, Medicare, and other legal hoops, I’m amazed and delighted that God’s plan for salvation is so simple. It’s so simple even children can understand it. It’s free, and everyone is eligible. God is so wonderful; he wouldn’t have it any other way. He formed it before the foundation of time, and he did all the work to accomplishment it.
We are sinful creatures in our earthly condition, and this is what separates us from having a relationship with God and from eternal punishment. (Rom. 3:23 KJV) Acknowledging our sinful state is offensive to many folks. We like to think our good works and high morals are the key to heaven. But we need a savior! God has provided a way to overcome this dilemma. He sacrificed his only begotten and beloved son, Jesus Christ, on a Roman cross 2000 years ago. Jesus shed his precious, sacred, innocent blood because the shedding of blood causes remission of sin. (Heb. 9:22 KJV) The shedding of animal blood in the Old Testament and ancient times is a picture of Christ.
God planned it this way because he loves us so much. He died for the unjust, all human kind. (I Peter 3:18 KJV) And with this sacrifice he bestows eternal life and the Holy Spirit to accompany, comfort and direct us all of our earthly days.
There is only one stipulation to this plan. One must accept or reject Jesus Christ as God and personal savior. It is not a multiple choice question – just a simple “yes” or “no” to God’s plea. “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by Me.” (John 14:6 KJV) There is no confusion in God’s perfect plan.
It is an open invitation to liberty in Christ. He is not willing that any should perish. (2 Peter 3:8 KJV) Say and pray with all your heart, “Yes,” and God’s blessings will overflow.
The opinions expressed by authors may not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Accept Jesus as Your Lord and Savior Right Now - CLICK HERE
JOIN US at FaithWriters for Free. Grow as a Writer and Spread the Gospel.