Previous Challenge Entry (Level 3 - Advanced)
Topic: ZEST (10/01/15)
- TITLE: Whip Up the Recipe for Life
By Bonnie Bowden
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
SEND A PRIVATE COMMENT
ADD TO MY FAVORITES
1 cup of unsalted butter (softened) for the ability to choose good over evil (Isaiah 7:15 KJV)
3 cups flour as an offering to the Lord (Leviticus 2:2a ERV)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder as a leavening of God’s irresistible power (Jeremiah 2:22 NIRV)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda as a gift to God (Amos 4:5 NASB)
1 teaspoon pure salt to preserve God’s truth in the world (Leviticus 2:13 NASB)
2 1/2 cups sugar to provide sweetness to the soul and health to the body (Proverbs 16:24 ESV)
4 large eggs as an offering of our prayers of faith (Luke 11:12 NIV)
1 cup spiritual buttermilk for growth (Judges 5:25 KJV)
2 tablespoons of lemon juice to blend together the sweet and sour flavors for our welfare (Romans 8:28 AMP)
1/3 cup grated zest to be fervent in the Spirit (Romans 12:11 ESV)
1. First preheat (turn up the heat) the oven to 350 degrees to get ready for trials (I Peter 1:7 ESV). Grease and flour two 8 inch round pans.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk Leviticus 2:2a, Jeremiah 2:22, Amos 4:5, Leviticus 2:13, and Romans 12:11. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together Isaiah 7:15 and 1 1/2 cups of Proverbs 16:24 until light and fluffy. With mixer on low, beat in eggs of Luke 11:12, one at a time. Beat in Romans 8:28. Alternately beat in sifted Leviticus 2:2a (to filter out all impurities) and Judges 5:25 beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix just until combined.
4. Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 32 to 35 minutes.
The opinions expressed by authors may not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Accept Jesus as Your Lord and Savior Right Now - CLICK HERE
JOIN US at FaithWriters for Free. Grow as a Writer and Spread the Gospel.