The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 959 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/25/15
A necessary piece of writing to consider. When I was researching scripture for this piece, I came across a terrific comment that overeating is a symptom of the larger problem of laziness, being idle, sense of entitlement, and loose morals; so gluttony is even deeper than the intake of excessive amounts of food. When you read the biblical scriptures relevant, they tie very much into attitude and outcome. This is a serious sin, a sin which God gives us freedom from. We need to get to the root of our individual addictions.
01/25/15
A very good introspective and truthful piece that delves beneath the "origin" and shines light on the "reasons" for such behavior.

Deep, intense and well written.

God bless~
01/26/15
A solid, well-written devotional. I love how you start with an example from real life to introduce the subject. You had my attention right away and kept it all the way through. Good work!
01/29/15
Congrats Edmond!

God bless~
Congratulations on ranking 3rd in level 3 and 15 overall! The highest rankings can be found on the message boards. http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=39091
01/31/15
Congrats Edmond on a deep introspective article. I too believe gluttony is reflecting a much deeper condition. I have been there myself. I once taught a session call Life Changers and the material was on target with your devotional. Great writing.