The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1497 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Interesting story! I'd love to hear a little more about her journey to faith.
11/08/05
I love Sarah's character - feisty, kind of cynical and yet very approachable and real - I could easily be her friend. And the truth that we so often see, too, of God rewarding our obedience played out in this scenario. Well done!
This is my kinda story! I really enjoyed it!
Intriguing story. I'd like to read more.
11/11/05
Wow, I really liked this story! Great characters, and you set the scene so the reader feels like they are on the cruise ship...wati, was it a cruise ship? i imagined it was a cruise ship...!!! I agree with the others, you should develop this into a longer story! I'd read it. God bless )I know who you are -hee hee hee)
11/11/05
nope, i see now there is absolutely no reference to a cruise ship...!!! what can i say, you took me there!
11/11/05
Great story! You pointed us in the right direction, without the neat little "Christianized" ending. Wonderful work!
11/12/05
Very very nice :) I enjoyed her inner struggle -and when better to sing the blues than when you're down?
Delightful! 'Real' life connection in the popular and interesting world of entertainment.
I liked the surprise about Nick's identity and how even though Eddie had moved on, he hadn't forgotten about her.
11/13/05
Had to read it twice to get the full impact. Interesting to say the least - very well written, although the ending seemed abrupt after such an introspective first 3/4 of the essay. Blessings - dub
11/13/05
Great atmosphere Val! I love going places and you did a good job of weaving life and God. Yea for ole Nick who could see what was in her voice!
11/15/05
Ohhhhh.... Good one you talented Yeggy.
It places in my heart :)