The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1695 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/07/05
This was sweet... and funny.
11/07/05
I enjoyed this anecdote, and i like dthe title- that's what drew me in to read it. it immediately gave me a picture of a sweet elderly lady with a good heart, and i wanted to read about her! beautiful message. thanks!
11/07/05
So sweet, so interesting and the words were put together in such a way as to hold my attention. Thank you for sharing. Lovely story.
11/08/05
I love the description of sister Flannery's singing voice. :-)
This is a beautifully written piece with a lovely message.
I really enjoyed this! Well written.
What a wonderfully delightful tale! It really was the end to an experience I just had last evening at a community sing. I sang next to your Esther in the volunteer choir. Bless her heart!
11/09/05
I think I too knew your Esther! LOL! I loved your story, well done!
11/09/05
Well worded and well writen.. Having the vocals of a frog in a bucket, i can relate to the story well.
11/09/05
This was so cute! I rally enjoyed every word as it flowed like a well sung song. :)
I loved your descriptions and the story line. It was very cute and very out of the box!
11/09/05
Your first sentence really set the tone for a charming story.
I loved the part at the funeral. It reminded me of my great uncle's funeral where everyone shared stories about his pranks and laughed. Great job, but I did notice that you mentioned her name seven times in as many paragraphs-it was slightly distracting, but overall a very well written and enjoyable story!
11/09/05
What a fun read! Delightful!!!
11/09/05
I liked the part where she 'chose to walk on.' When I first started to read this a few days ago I thought,'Oh this must be Ben's - I'll come back to it!' And I'm so glad I did. Absolutely great! and I loved it!
What a great story! Well written!
Great job! This was funny, fun and packed a nice message about appearances sometimes being deceptive.
Great story! Your descriptions are unforgettable: "Her voice was a bit like a raging bull pawing a chalkboard with a rogue banshee riding side saddle". I think what I loved most was that Esther showed her love (to God and her husband) without caring what anyone else thought. Well done.