The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 937 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I like this - especially the two parts of the final paragraph: wondering which bit returned and was found, and where? And rejoicing in the fact of the MC's ultimate destination, which confidence, sadly, too few people have. Good writing. Gos bless you.
My only complaint - I wanted this to be longer. :) Top scores in creativity, for sure.
This is just a tiny page out of what could be developed into an all out sci/fi book that I would actually read and enjoy. You did a great job with this. I did feel a tad confused here and there but I think if you would let me look at the sentences that ended up on the cutting room floor it would penetrate my thick and tired head. Great job in pulling me in and keeping the suspense going.
05/18/11
This is excellent! I love sci-fi (thanks to my hubby!) and this story grabbed me immediately. I especially love that they were not meant to be on the ship - I wonder whos butt was kicked on earth for that mistake (or was it...?!). Oh yes, this could so easily be expanded with so many twists and turns. Truly wonderful!
05/19/11
Ohmygosh I loved this. It was delighfully ironic. And funny!

Congratulations on placing 10th in your level! I'm glad this piece received some recognition as it was one of my favorites.