The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1316 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/11/11
Sweet tribute.
02/13/11
What a wonderful "secret" to share. I especially liked the last line.
More tears. . .this is such a moving piece, a heartfelt confession and tribute. Great writing, and a great ending.
02/15/11
What a fantastic opening hook!
02/15/11
A lovely message. Poetry is such a perfcet vehicle to express emotions.
So beautiful. I often think it's the man who has a harder time saying heartfelt emotions, but this beautiful story shows that with some willpower and hard work we all can open our heart to those we love.

I feel inadequate in pointing out some red ink in such an excellent piece but I did notice you used passed instead of past.

This is writing at its best. I loved your characters, the dialog was perfect, and the ending was just right.
02/16/11
I liked every part of this...the bantering between the couple, her "coming out of the closet", the poem. All of it beautifully written.
02/16/11
Your opening line is pure brilliance, and the rest tugged at my heartstrings. Excellent!
You've just gave a new reason for exploring, reading and writing poetry - to find our hearts. Or, is it to awaken them? One of the beauties of poetry is finding what is common between us - and this is surely the bind that ties hearts together, making them as one. As it should be, especially in marriage.
02/17/11
How beautifully romantic! I love the paradox of hearts here. This is my favorite line:

"I don’t know what tomorrow’s bell will toll,
My only goal is living for today,
And knowing that you know I love you so,
From now until the sun sets on our day."

Thumbs up and congratulations on your win!

02/17/11
Very glad to see this on the EC list! Congratulations!
02/17/11
Congrats on your EC place.
02/17/11
What a great story! What an ending! Congrats (again) :) on your Editor's Choice award!
This is so touching and so beautifully written. I have several favourite lines but won't quote them all. Just lovely. Confratulations on your well deserved placing.