The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1024 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a beautiful story. I felt my eyes filled with tears. You did a wonderful job bringing me into this tale. I also chuckled at the phrase bovine residue!
11/08/10
'It's For You.' Oh, once I saw how that title fit in, I was overcome. How precious. How beautiful.

Loved it.
11/08/10
Well done and so compelling. Great job.
11/08/10
Several years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Tony Campolo. Your story quite vividly depicts his heart. How true that far too many Christians fail to demonstrate the kind of compassion Christ offers to all of us. I would review my piece to eliminate or substitute a few "she's", but otherwise great story.
I'm glad I don't go to a church like this! You've written a great article with a great message. I love the title, too.
11/10/10
I like a good biography...one of my favorite genres of reading...this was well-written, full of hope for the down trodden. Well done. I too reacted with goose bumps to the phrase, "It's for you."
11/10/10
Great message. I felt like the ending could have been summed up quicker, providing more space for the story. Excellent.
11/12/10
A positive story that's well told. I suspect that the transition to the modern day needed a bit more work. As a suggestion you could have started off more clearly in the present day, used some asterisks to denote the flashback, and then returned to the commentary with some concluding asterisks. Just an idea