The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1068 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is done wonderfully. I thought he might find a way out but I wasn't sure. You did a wonderful job with the suspense and the perfect amount of tension. Excellent writing!
10/21/10
You drew me in and left me wanting to hear more. Well done!
10/21/10
Whoa, dude (or dudette). Gripping, suspenceful, great voice for your mc...all of it put together made for a compelling story. Yeah, Jesus! I liked how that little act of kindness made the difference.
10/21/10
Loved this story! You packed a lot in few words. I was captivated and couldn't wait to see the end. Great character development for such a short word limit.
10/25/10
This is gripping, and with a great ending. Building up to the "conversation" was a perfect idea.
10/26/10
Great job of building up suspense.

It's funny, but the last part, seemed to lose momentum for me. I wanted to feel that Susie was in more danger...a shorter falling action after the climax, I think, might have worked better.

This is one of the most interesting characters I've read this week.
10/27/10
Wow! You certainly built up the suspense. The only thing lacking for me (and maybe I need to just re-read it) is the motivation for Rick's desire to murder everyone. My guess would be that if someone were plotting such a thing, his reasons for doing so would be foremost in his mind. But maybe Rick just wanted to be noticed.

I'm thankful a way out was found in the end! Good writing!
Congratulations for placing 9th in level 3 and 21st overall!