The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1390 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/13/10
This poem bought a smile. :) I enjoyed your tribute to "Mr. Franklin" and then loved your humor in this, "My list is all ready -- Thirty books should last me a week." Nice work!
06/15/10
I can just picture you in a hospital gown and robe, perched on a broom and chasing Harry Potter down the corridor. LOL. An enjoyable poem.
This was light, yet deep. Loved how you did that! God always provides what we need, when we need it...even stacks and stacks of books!
Books have healing power, I'm sure of it. They often transport us from where we are to where we would rather be. You expressed that very well.
06/16/10
I can so relate to the benefits of reading when in pain! Great job!
Books can be quite a friend in a time of need! I enjoyed this poem - I thought some of the rhymes sounded a little forced (you may want to watch that next time), but really liked the images. Great job!
Quite a poetic take on how helpful libraries can be. Thanks for the history lesson on how libaries began. Keep Writing.
Ahhhh, another book lover, like me, as well as one who likes to put our words in verse. We might be sisters;-)
I enjoyed your poem.
06/17/10
Books have been my friends and my haven through many years. I loved how this reminded me of that.