The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1289 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh wow. This is very well written and heart breaking! I had a little trouble connecting the salmon story with the MC's sacrifice though. Maybe it was just me? Anyway. Awesome story.
06/08/09
Hmmm... Wow... I know he probably made the RIGHT decision, but... I don't know... I think if I had been Anna, I would have wanted to marry him, anyway. Even if we never had children. But others might disagree with that! Anyway, you painted a very vivid portrait of someone who made a painful and life-changing decision, and learned to accept it. Beautifully written!
06/08/09
Wow! I've read a few but this is my favourite. Bang on target. Dead interesting. Really, really enjoyed! Thanks
06/08/09
I wanted to shake the MC for not giving Anna a chance to make the decision for herself. You did a great job of drawing me into the story.
06/08/09
Good job (here comes the but) But I agree with everyone else. It should have been Anna's decision not his. Great descriptions, heart breaking story.
06/08/09
I see the sacrifice here, and it is commendable and quite sad. Perhaps made too soon or too easily? Very good reading, though.

06/09/09
Whoa - you caught me off-guard here. While I could appreciate Caleb's sacrifice for his wife and her children, I still wanted to scream: Adopt! Sacrifice is putting someone else above your self and you showed us Caleb's heartwrenching willingness to do so. Good writing.
Based upon the other yellow boxes, causing people to feel and express emotions and opinions is a sign of a good writer in my book. Well done.
06/10/09
The soul of the salmon so beautifully drawn upon to minister to our own souls. Well-written and most meaningful to me.