The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 951 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/23/09
Moving story, written with great respect.
01/24/09
Very touching. Thanks this very moving piece.
01/25/09
Well done! A very interesting look at Australian and World War history. I enjoyed this piece very much.
01/25/09
This was touching, tender, and appropriately disturbing. Very well done.
01/26/09
A history lesson/story …and I loved it! I could sympathize with the father from the Great War, knowing that his son signed up during WWII. The grandfather's memories are so vivid. I could see this taking place.
You managed to get *both* Australia and New Zealand in your story. This was well done, and I learned something as well.
Excellent writing showing Grandpa's tender heart. Very interest history.
01/26/09
Very well written. I live in Colorado Springs, home of the Air Force Academy and two military bases and so have developed great respect for the young men and women who serve our nation. War is horrible but God manages to bring good out of the bad. I think military service strengthens one's character and makes one aware of their own mortality and, perhaps, the presence of God. And that is a good thing.
01/27/09
You took us to a sacred place, inside the memory of a soldier. The emotions were real and tender and brought me to tears.
I was awed by the true spirit you showed of men together in war. Well done.