The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1788 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Great job of weaving the poem within the story. For me, the lighted candle was a reminder that our Savior is the "light" to follow. Beautiful!
11/30/08
Good stuff here, I really liked it, was hoping it would turn out well.
12/01/08
Okay, this is my absolute favorite so far this week, and belongs in Masters, to be sure! I LOVE the poem--great use of alliteration--and it was very effective to alternate between prose and poetry. Awesome, awesome entry.
12/01/08
Awesome, awesome writing. So suspenseful and almost musical with the poem intertwined. Creative use of the topic and just a great piece of writing.
12/02/08
This has to be one of the cleverest pieces of writing I have read on FW. Excellent!
12/03/08
Masterfully and beautifully written. Loved the braided poem and story. Well done.
12/03/08
This is absolutely wonderful! I love the cadence of this piece. Such heartfelt love for his beloved wife as Jonathan seeks his home in the snow... I'm so glad it had a happy ending.
12/04/08
Very well done! Definitely a tear-jerker!
You've shown your writing mastery with 3 styles in 1 with this piece - enjoyable as interspersed prose and poetry; enjoyed reading just the "poem" story; also, enjoyed reading the paragraphed prose alone. Each is complete within itself and beautiful when mixed. Excellent writing. :)
12/04/08
Oh, this is so beautiful. I love the interweaving of poem and prose, and it's so seamlessly done. Just lovely!
Creative, masterful, awesome...Congratulations on a very desired win! Blessings, Angel
12/05/08
Your poetry is amazing in this wonderful story. Congrats on your EC!
12/07/08
Teresa, I loved this one so much that I'm going to feature it in the Front Page showcase for the week of Dec. 29. Look for it on the Faith Writers home page, and congratulations!
12/11/08
I don't know where to begin. THis is so lovely.
Congratulations on 1st place. It's well deserved.
12/24/08
Teresa, it's good to see this highlighted on the homepage! Congrats!
12/26/08
I don't know how I missed this one, it's beautiful...very touching - amazing use of poetry and prose, wonderfully woven together. Congratulations!