The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2149 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/19/05
This was so discriptive, I felt like I was there. Great word pictures.
Great job. Very descriptive. I can just see the boys with the crawfish (I live outside New Orleans)in their shirts, dumping them at your feet then dancing around the fire. Great job.
07/20/05
Really vivid pictures. Can relate to the boys pouring out crayfish at your feet--I believe I would have done a wild dance of my own. Really wonderful story. God bless ya, littlelight
Cute story! It's been years since I ate crawdads...brings back memories! :-) Good job!
Absolutely wonderful! I read through the story twice, laughing both times. And what a wonderful message at the end! Thanks for sharing a well-written story.
07/22/05
Very vivid and descriptive, and FUN. Thanks
07/23/05
A vivid story. Great sense of place. Think baout more forshadowing for the sudden introduction of feeling 'trapped' and the last line, if you expand this.
07/23/05
Could picture myself there with you. Got a bit worried when the boys went quiet - was relieved to find them back with the crayfish. Good job!
07/23/05
Quiet usually means trouble, doesn't it! I would have been horrified! LOL Great story-telling and a nice message tacked on at the end. Well done!
Blessings, Lynda
07/24/05
Wonderful -funny with a point - but I'm afraid I'd have to find the PB&J for dinner :)
Now you have me thinking, can I cook Maryland river crayfish and have them taste like the wonderful crawfish I've had in New Orleans? This was great fun.
07/27/05
Hi Beth! I'm just popping in to let you know that "Wigglers" was in the semi-finals for the Camping Challenge and wasn't that far off making it into the Editors' Choice (you rated 12th overall). So well done! Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)