The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1115 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very unsettling.. I was a bit confused at times... but if anything, it added to the unsettled feeling which I believe is what you were going for. The point of the story isn't spelled out and that left me hanging a bit.. but reading through it again.. I think it is a warning of what may yet be to come? And I am struck with who really had the true patience... Sue...patient to the very end.

All in all.. very powerful. I will have this story in my mind for days.
08/31/08
Wow, I love the suspense of this piece. Haunting. Love it:)
08/31/08
This is a real thought-provoker! I assume Robert's not a Christian, but he sympathizes with Christians...still--we're asked to sympathize with his acts of murder (even though he's "taking out" persecuters of Christians)...LOTS to think about, and beautifully written!
Your story is wonderfully suspenseful.
09/01/08
Great characterization of the MC, but I sure wish I could read the rest of the story! Tell me what happens next-OK?!
09/01/08
Quite a cliff-hanger! Since he said "whatever God" it's pretty clear he's not a Christian, but hope in the next installment(?) he becomes one. Maybe patient Sue? Great writing!
Wow this was quite the brain tickler. I really liked the suspense and the though you provoke with it. Great writing!
Sheeesh, spelling errors seem to be my 'thing' this week. I meant to say 'thought', not 'though'.
09/01/08
Very well-written piece....I'm very curious to know more about the story. Why is it called "Broken" Hour Glass? It's definitely a thought-provoker!
Love the suspense, and there is lots of it! I wish I understood better who is on what side, and what the sides are, but I was engrossed all the way through.
09/02/08
Very intriguing read! It took me a few paragraphs to capture the plot, but when I did I was eager to discover the conclusion. Nice job.
The suspense in this piece was incredible. I felt like there was more to the story than you were able to share, but what you have here is very good.

I too was a bit confused on the title and how it related to the story, but that didn't detract form the story itself.

Thank you for sharing this!