The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 978 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Not just a wonderful tribute, but a wonderful picture in words of a worthy person, revealed through what he had done. Excellent poem.
05/17/08
Great word pictures of an incredible person. Enjoyed all of it. The flow of the words fit the mood of the poem quite well.
05/18/08
Wonderful and well-written tribute to your brother-in-law. By this account, he was well-loved and greatly missed. Your poetry is beautiful.
This is just so good! I particularly loved "We see you in
Their hands,
Their eyes,
Their hearts
Forever more
Your knowledge
Molding theirs."
What a wonderful tribute to an amazing man.
05/18/08
Enjoyed this - masterfully done with wonderful images. A wonderful tribute!
Your poem paints a lovely picture of this wonderful man. Well done!
05/18/08
Fantastic imagery--I loved that the carpetry was both a metaphor and the reality. Very well done.
This is a beautiful tribute and I enjoyed the flow. I found the last stanza especially touching.
05/18/08
Moving and incredible writing:
But a new job awaits:
Now you build afar
Playing a new song
Laying a new foundation


Wow.
What a tender, poignant piece. Very nice job indeed!
Loved how he was instrumental in the lives of his grandchildren.
Lovely free verse poem! I especially like the third stanza -it's very touching. This flowed so well, and you paced it just right.
I loved the ending of this. I can picture him up in Heaven constructing our mansions that we will someday live in. Very touching and beautiful.
Wonderful! I loved the first verse best, that summed up all the different roles. Again, Wonderful! ^_^