The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1756 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/30/05
I enjoyed this article of memories of a life well lived. Nice take on the subject.
05/30/05
This was so well written it gave me goose bumps. I work with the elderly and you gave voice to so much. Humor, wisdom, loss and hope all rolled into one great piece!
05/31/05
A well written walk through the year, the celebration of a lifetime.
05/31/05
Excellent look at this temporal life. I felt each stage. Well done!
05/31/05
Very well done.
This was a precious telling of a life lived. I enjoyed reading this article.
06/01/05
Well written, really engaged with the character's journey. Loved the end... or was it the beginning?
06/06/05
Beautiful story, excellent writing. Thank-you.
I love a story that has me anxious to read each paragraph. Nicely done.
06/06/05
This piece displays the hand of a master craftsman. This is pure pleasure to read even though many of the emotions it evokes involve pain and sadness. Congratulations on your win - it is very much deserved!
06/06/05
Thank you for the bittersweet journey! Well done.
Jo
06/06/05
 A well crafted short showing a graceful and gentle man walking the journey towards Home. Congrats on a job well done!!
Congratulations, Glenn! I love how 750 word limits demand the show of priorities -- how well you express that in the span of 100 years of living. I didn't hear a word about job, power, wealth. . . very interesting. It's all about relationship. Great job!
06/06/05
Such a well deserve win on a materpiece that has it all. Maybe you could sneak an entry in from time to time and surprise us. Hope you do!
06/06/05
Dear Glenn,

Congrats on your story. Although I never win I feel like a winner because you print stories I've written in your wonderful publication. You are a truly talented and inspirational writer!
Glenn, I finally got a chance to read some of the entries for "BIRTHDAY." Oh my, this one takes the cake! It is one of the best pieces of "BIRTHDAY CAKE" I have ever eaten. I LOVED EVERY MORSEL! You have an enormous gift that leaves "footprints" in the hearts of your readers. Thank you!
06/09/05
I just had to come back and re-read this to comment appropriately. I just couldn't find the words to capture what I wanted to say before. Now that I've had time to think, I wanted to relay my innermost thoughts on your wonderful piece of writing.

Your essece is that of a sun-ripened wort hog in the wilds of Africa!

Seriously!
;)
Jo
06/09/05
Awesome win, by the way!! :)

I know others might not understand my comment, but you sure will!
I liked the time-line. Congrats on the win.
10/04/06
Oh Glenn - I can see why this is a favorite. It's not only precious - it's perfect. A timely piece right now. Love,
Pat