The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1372 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/23/07
I like this article and the contrast between the solid oak structure and the foolish, weak man whose message reaches to the various members of the congregation in different ways. Your last paragraph is like the first enclosing the message and the recipients as if nothing has truly changed.
11/23/07
Wow! Great stuff here. My favorite line:
Hours of prayer begin to unfold; requests by the man and requests for the man by others on his behalf.

11/23/07
A lovely picture... I love the symbolism of strength, not so much of the wooden pulpit itself, but of what is taught from it. Well done.
11/24/07
This is AMAZING. Your descriptions are incredible, and your message is wonderfully clear and vivid.
11/25/07
Creative. Beautifully written.
Really enjoyed this.
11/27/07
I love the symmetry of this and how it comes alive in the middle when the Holy Spirit acts on those who hear the word.
11/28/07
Beautiful story. I love the circular structure. Your metaphors are excellent. I enjoyed it!
11/28/07
Beautiful, almost poetic...the repitition of the first paragraph is lovely and very effective.
A second reading makes this even more remarkable for structure, description, and message.
This is wonderful. You were so discriptive that I felt I was there in the congregation looking upon that pulpit and the man behind it. Well done.
01/01/08
Timothy, I just re-read this, and I still love it. I'm going to feature it on the Front Page showcase for the week of January 28. Look for it on the FW home page, and keep writing!
01/29/08
I've already told you how much I LOVE this - SO glad it's getting the front page "notice" it deserves. Blessings, my friend.
01/29/08
Simply beautiful. Totally front-page worthy. Congratulations!
A serene setting...along comes the wind and torrential rain, changing everything in it's path except the hardest hearts...the storm subsides and the noble oak remains in it's place...I feel like I just survived a Holy Spirit Tornado...beautiful writing...
01/30/08
Oh, praise the Lord for featuring this one. "Anointed" is written all over it. May the Lord refresh and bless you as you minister to the multitudes--at home and abroad.
02/01/08
Beautiful writing! Congrats on being the FW Frontpage Showcase writer.
05/19/09
I like how you use a lot of descriptive words without overdoing it. I also like the circular structure of the piece....and the title captures it well. Nicely done!
05/19/09
This is a very special piece. Those old wood pulpits, if they could talk. The greatest joy ever known (salvation), the greatest heartache (death) and everything in between it witnesses.
Mona