The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1848 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A wonderful sci-fi story for evangelism. I love the idea of "hymn-keepers."
11/09/07
What a shocking twist! I like the "hymn-keeper" idea too, and that character was very believable. Good work.
11/14/07
Very good sci-fi story! I like the character and the message being sent out by the hymn-keeper. You really kept me involved in your story.
11/15/07
Congratulations on your EC. This is a very chilling story. Great job with the topic.
Again, Sandy, you absolutely amaze me! This is a wonderful story and it shows that no matter how dark the world can be--will be--God's light will break through. Congrats on your EC win. It is well deserved.
The story is exquisite and so deep. The imagery is grand and the characters are wonderful. I didn't want it to end. Glad that the hymn is Amazing Grace. Congratulations on the EC!
11/15/07
Although initially disappointed (I'm not a fan of sci-fi or "futuristic" scenarios), you captured my curiosity in spite of myself. Once caught up in the two characters, I could see this as not so far-fetched afterall. In fact, I'm sure in some parts of the world, this very encounter and similar details could be occuring right now. This is quite a thought-provoking piece, friend. I'm left thinking, how would I carry on in a world like the one you describe; how would we continue to "preach the Gospel, if necessary use words." Congratulations on keeping Pam company in the next book. I want an autographed copy (^&^)
You've showed how the call of God transcends time, man's blunders, and ungodly peer pressure.