The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2192 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/01/07
This is very cute. Your descriptions of the senior class participants makes me want to be a fly on the wall. It sounds like a lively Sunday school class. Nice, fun job with the topic.
This is a lot of fun. I'd love to visit the class myself.
The story is fun and the people are characters.
The memo style is a fresh way to tell the story.
11/04/07
I'm doing so much giggling tonight! How very funny! I love the memo style you used -- very clever. You hit one out of the ballpark, I do believe!
Laury
I hope I will be just like those seniors when I get to their age! this was so enjoyable to read. Great job!
This is a real jewel! The first letter from the Superintendent borders on rude. I thought the class was perhaps a disobedient group of fifth or sixth graders.

What an excellent response Mrs. Jacobs gave and what a twist to find that her class was composed of senior citizens. I laughed out loud several times. Excellent humor.
11/04/07
Absolutely delightful!
This is a delight. Love the contrast between the two memos and the descriptions are so vivid your reader can picture the characters.
Very funny - I laughed when I finally realised the age of the class being taught. This was unique too.
Excellent humor. I'm afraid I'm almost ready for that class!
What a fun read! I thought the rumbling sounds were going to be growling stomachs because mine always does that in Sunday school! I loved all the vivid images you evoked in each memo.
I really loved this one and want to go to this Sunday school class too! I also loved the humor in your story. It made your entry such a fun read! Well Done!
11/05/07
I'm still laughing. I love how you set us up for one thing and led us to another (though I WAS wondering why she was feeding coffee to kids!). Some of the best lines are in the second letter - I love the idea of punishing "the elderly" by taking away their bran cereal!
This piece is SO you, Betty! I WUV it!
11/07/07
What a fun read! Very creative piece.
ROFL (we need emoticons for the comments). I missed the title until the comment box popped up. How perfect! I, too, thought you were describing an elementary age class until the 2nd "memo". This is absolutely priceless. I used to lead an adult singles class. The Sunday School superintendent had to put us in the far corner in the basement because of the laughter. I can relate. What a gem! Such a gifted writer!
Hee hee, this was awesome! Great way to get into the Sunday School story! I loved it, Great job getting your point across! Keep up the great writing!
11/07/07
So fun!! I was wondering what on earth was going on in that classroom, and the 'response' was terrific! Your humor is terrific! Hugs!! :-)
11/07/07
I started cracking up when reading about dear "Harriett Miller", poor thing. :) And then her Blessed Assurance solo!! This was great and VERY entertaining! I loved it!
: ) : ) : ) thank-you for the delightful chuckle today. I could certainly use it. And, like a any good morsel of chocolate candy, it had a morsel of truth inside!
11/08/07
Congratulations on your much deserved EC. This is one of my favorites.
Congratulations on the EC, you richly deserve the honor.
11/08/07
This is hysterical! Congrats on your EC.