The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1674 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Lovely.
10/26/07
I have on my wall above my bookshelf my Cradle Roll Certificate, a Sunday School teacher training certificate of my mother's, and a Certificate she earned in 1923 when she went through what was then a catechism class in the Evangelical United Brethern Church. Their presence reminds me of my heritage. I love your take on the theme and the message it holds. Good work.
10/27/07
Delightful and warm and tender. This blessed me!
10/28/07
Very nice story.
Laury
10/30/07
A certain kind of peace runs through the telling of this precious story. Pam has passed on the standard of her grandmother to her grandson and we expect that he would do the same at the appointed time.
10/30/07
Heart-warming. And a very different take on the topic. I think this is the first story I have read that doesn’t actually describe the process of baptism.
10/30/07
What a precious and tender story. It made my eyes watery and my heart soft. Thank you so much for reminding us of the legacy we have in Christ.
10/30/07
Absolutely delightful! You described God's heritage passed down through generations in such a beautiful way.
10/30/07
Oh, I love that hymn, and it's not often sung any more.

Take a look at the 2nd sentence of the 3rd paragraph--is some punctuation needed there?

Lovely story!

What an absolutely delightful story! I loved it.
Dixie, I really enjoy the direction you took w/this... so personable...and inspiring for us and our future generations.