The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1555 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/09/07
Everyone should have a Grandma like this! She didn't say, "I told you so" or "you knew better than..."!

This is wonderful. I want to know more. You handled this difficult scenario well, teaching a lesson right along with it. I can't help thinking about Jesus, our Bridegroom. I often wonder if He isn't saddened because we're more interested in the "wedding day" when we meet Him in the air than we are simply loving Him.

Great job! I love it! :)
08/09/07
I was curious about the details of why Jimmy left, but was otherwise very caught up in the story--and quite angry along with the MC!
The story held my interest from beginning to end... like the ending. Good storytelling.
This is very well written. The dialogue is great. The grandmother had great advice. Good job.
This was a very interesting read. I loved Grandma and her wise advice; I thought you showed that what she had to say was true.
08/13/07
Really liked this line: "The wisdom will flow like lava from a volcano." I was curious as to what exactly Jimmy did. Some typos, but a good story with a good message!
08/15/07
Love the grandma's wisdom, and your ending especially. This had a wonderful atmosphere to it, especially the end.
08/17/07
You created believable characters in this piece. Great contrast between the superficial young girl and the wise grandmother.