The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2035 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/26/07
So charming and funny! You don't know how happy it makes me feel to know this story is real. I like this couple so much, it's just the icing on the cake to know they're still together! Wonderful story!
07/26/07
This is wonderful!
07/27/07
Wonderful. The right mix of humour in the verses, spot on with the rhymes and the meter and as for the errant zipper – a dash of genius!
LOL... This is great!
07/28/07
Absolutely fun fun FUN! Love the rhythm, and so many of the clever rhymes. A delightful read.
This was just toooo precious.
I loved every rollicking line!
Tripped right off my tongue - too much fun!
Whitie tighties. LOL!
This is SO well done.
It's really fun, too. Excellent.
Ta-da! This is it! Loved the story, the perfect balance of humor, and the skillful rhyme and rhythm! What a fun piece!
07/31/07
Go Joe Schmuck! It gives us other Joe Schmucks some hope - although I've got my girl, thank God. A lotta fun to read, and very well crafted poetry. It's a big challenge to blend humour and verse like this successfully, but you did it.
How much fun! I'm sure he could have played the zipper down as part of the cotume. I got chills at the end when I read the sweet, happy footnote. Good job!
Bright with illustrative prose, I could just see every moment... great fun, great job!
08/01/07
Chraming and tender story, and great rhyme and meter. This is the whole deal.
Sharlyn,congratulations on a well-deserved win! This poem was right-on in every way. I just couldn't stop smiling when I was reading. And somehow I knew he got the girl for good, even before you revealed that at the end. Nice work! Blessings, Cheri
08/02/07
Congratulations on your EC -- very well deserved. This is very, very good -- so much fun to read. Great job.
08/03/07
Very good! Congrats on your EC!
08/03/07
Ha! I love it! Just my type of humor. And who hasn't been embarrassed in a similar way? That reminds me...A few months ago, I came out of the tanner and walked all the way to my car before I realized I never zipped up my zipper when re-dressing. LOL And I passed a couple of people on the way out. Wonder what they were thinking? Never mind...I don't want to know. (blush) Great poem!
08/05/07
Congrats on this! How cute!!! You did a great job with the meter and the rhyme. I really enjoyed this. Well done!!