The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1359 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow. A truly powerful piece of writing. I like how the reader doesn't know the narrator's name. I think it speaks about how the narrator can be any of us.

Wonderful story.
A beautiful story. Makes a powerful point. I just wish the title were somehow more expressive of the content. Mmaybe something like "His life for Mine" or "A Crucified Slave." Just a minor point and purely a matter of opinion.
Beautiful story!
08/26/06
A powerful story. Great work.
08/27/06
An honest critique would be that the interesting part came too late; the first part being rather blase' and mundane - but then the story of the fire! Then it became a great story, and the ending was super! I might have missed the good part because I had almost turned the page. but just one persons opinion.
Great story.
08/29/06
I really liked this! I think it's a wonderful story. It's a very powerful tale of one man's faith. Your writing left me a lot to think about. Thanks!
Congrats! This is an awesome story, loved your witer's voice!
08/31/06
Very good story. I found it interesting from the very first word.
08/31/06
So well done and gripping! Congratulations on your win!!
This is an incredible story. Very well written and deserving of your win. Congratulations!
09/01/06
A faced paced story that had my attention from the beginning to the end! Great final image. A well deserved win!
Awesome story, April, and a well-deserved win. Your words were written with purpose and forgiveness reminding us why arrogance is not a fruit of the Spirit. God's word is for all and all who believe are brothers and sisters in Christ. Thank you for blessing us with your entry.